This blog is a mashup of some of my past projects that I hadn’t posted yet….

A friend of a friend asked me to alter her grandpa’s button up t shirt so that she could wear it. It was a plain, oversized, long sleeved, button up with cuffs and two breast pockets. I took the breast pockets off. Then, I altered the sleeves to make them short and have a little poof.Image

Here are the tucks on the sleeves.Image

I added darts in the back and front to bring out some shape.Image

I was also able to curve the sides.Image

It became a wonderful shirt that she could wear with the remembrance of her grandpa!

This next project was also a simple one. My brother, inspired by the Distillers, wanted to add zippers to some of his fright night tees. So when I was in town, I grabbed my zippers and added them. It was quite a simple add. I just sliced the tees down the center and sewed them with a clean finish.Image

Image

Image

Image

Towards the end of my pregnancy, I wanted to make several things for the baby, so that I wouldn’t have to add them to my registry. One of those items was a diaper caddy. I just took some bed sheet fabric and made a simple caddy to hang on the crib. It has actually come in handy.

Image

Advertisements